What is an Intervention?
An Intervention is a discreet and professionally planned process designed to illustrate the reality of addiction to the problematic user. It includes the provision of a solution designed to empower the problematic user to accept an immediate way out.
Our highly trained, internationally certified, and Professional Intervention Specialists use time tested principles and practices to plan a custom strategy aimed at presenting the Intervention in a professional, objective, caring, and non-judgmental manner.
It is important to note that we work in collaboration with several local men's and women's Treatment Centres and we will facilitate admission into such programs as necessary.
How does it work?
Usually, there is a 5-Step process involved in the Intervention process:
- Provide information about our Intervention Services / Process
- Phone Intake – requiring information on members of the intervention group and general information regarding the person of interest.
- Determination re the type of Treatment needed
- Process payment for Intervention Services
- Setting dates, time of meeting (conference call, pre-intervention and intervention)
- Conference call(s) – with members of the intervention group
- Arrangement of Treatment services – (e.g. Detox, Rehab, Outpatient, Counselling)
- Pre-intervention group meeting – (location set in conference meeting)
- Extensive preparation & PowerPoint Presentations
- Transportation development plan for admittance to Treatment
NOTE: The majority of the work in an Intervention is done during the Pre-Intervention. If done properly, the actual intervention is usually very quick (within 20 minutes normally), because every contingency has been planned and accounted for in the Pre-Intervention
- Pre-meeting – debriefing, final run through, setting rules
- Arrival of Individual with substance use issues
- Intervention process
- Transportation into Treatment
- Follow up support / Contact – Family & Treatment provider
- Referral services for support system
- Post Treatment planning (what happens after the individual finishes Treatment)
Family / Friend Support:
The Intervention Specialist also helps the members in the alcoholic and/or drug addict’s circle of caring come to some decisions on their own about their future with that person.
Addiction Intervention Services Canada / USA
Our Canadian Intervention Services are offered both across Canada and the United States of America. Our main goals are to:
a) Separate the loved-ones away from the abusive patterns caused by addiction;
b) Crystalize the concept that the addict has a choice and treatment is a viable option.
If you are looking for intervention services in Canada, you can generally expect the following time frame for one of our interventionists to perform an intervention, please keep in mind that we offer professional intervention services, so we may need to arrange or coordinate a number of services:
Intervention services Vancouver, BC Canada ~ 1 to 4 days
If you are living in the Lower Mainland, we will facilitate a professional process at one of our offices in: Vancouver, Port Moody or Langley, BC
We commonly fly into all of the area’s below and our services could be arranged within 2 to 5 days after approval. We work with all drug rehab treatment centers in Canada and several addiction treatment centers in USA and have privileged access to many of them.
Intervention Services, Edmonton, Alberta
Intervention Services, Saskatchewan
Intervention Services, Manitoba
Intervention Services, Toronto, Ontario
Intervention Services, Montreal, Quebec
Intervention Services, Newfoundland and Labrador
For Addiction Intervention Services in the USA, please call and speak to us directly so that we may work with you and provide detailed information.
Call us to inquire about our fees. We will work with you to create a plan that works for you.